Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics & Statistical Analysis
This course targets those who wish to examine data using exploratory (including bi-variate) data interrogation techniques allowing the analyst to produce reliable results in order to draw informed conclusions.
• Keyboard and mouse skills.
• Experience of working in the Windows environment and a general understanding of key Windows features.
• No prior knowledge of PASW Statistics or inferential statistics is required.
• Introduction to Statistical Analysis
• Introducing PASW Statistics
• Reading Data
• Variable Properties
• Working with the Data Editor
• Summarising Individual Variables
• Modifying Data Values: Recode
• Modifying Data Values: Compute
• Selecting Cases
• Creating and Editing Charts
• Output in the Viewer
• Understanding Data Distributions - Theory
• Data Distributions for Scale Variables
• Making Inferences about Populations from Samples
• Relationships Between Categorical Variables
• The Independent– Samples T Test
• The Paired-Samples T Test
• One-Way ANOVA
• Bivariate Plots and Correlations for Scale Variables
• Regression Analysis
• Nonparametric Tests