SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Planning and Implementation Workshop
Leverage networked storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence - the SAN Volume Controller (SVC) - to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. Focus on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the SVC into the Storage Area Network (SAN). Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools. Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment. Utilize network-level storage subsystem independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements.
At the end of the session, the attendees will have a good knowledge on the Virtualization principles, technologies, components, architectures. The session presentations and hands-on will be focused on the implementation of the IBM SVC (SAN Volume Controller).
Systems Administrators, Architects and Specialists for storage solutions.
Good Knowledge on Storage Networking (Fibre Channel, SAN, Zoning implementation)
* Introduction to Storage Virutalization
* SAN Volume Controller Presentation (Architecture, Functionalities, Supported configurations, Product Positioning)
* SAN Integration Server Overview
* SVC Initial Installation and back-end Storage Configuration
* SVC Command Line Interface and GUI administration
* Host attachment
* Data Migration
* SVC Copy Services
* SVC Management with the Master Console
Roadmaps that reference this course are:
* Storage Area Network (SAN), Virtualization and Consolidation Techniques
* IBM Certified Specialist - High End Disk Solutions
* IBM Certified Specialist - Open Systems Storage Solutions
* IBM Certified Specialist - TotalStorage Networking and Virtualization Architecture