Advanced Techniques: Regression - ILT
This course examines regression techniques used to explore the relationships between interval scale variables in detail. You will develop an understanding of when to apply each technique, how to apply it and how to interpret the results. Additionally, the course will cover some preliminary data analysis steps, how to check the underlying assumptions and suggestions of how to proceed when your assumptions fail.
This course is for those who want to know when to use and how to set up regression in IBM SPSS Statistics as well as how to interpret the results. IBM SPSS Statistics users who want to improve their understanding of regression techniques.
You should have:
• Familiarity with IBM SPSS Statistics Base including: variable type and definition, entering and editing data, opening and saving data files, generating basic exploratory statistics (including frequency tables and crosstabulations) and the compute and recode procedures.
Other essential prerequisites include an understanding of measures of central tendency and dispersion, inferential statistics, using interactive charts and editing and saving output.
• Introduction to Regression
• Simple Regression: Fit and Assumptions
• Multiple Regression: Fit and Assumptions
• Stepwise Regression
• Influential Points and Multicollinearity