IBM WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 System Administration Workshop
This 4-day instructor-led workshop provides an intermediate-level overview of the IBM WebSphere Message Broker product, concentrating on administering WebSphere Message Broker V7 on distributed platforms such as Windows and AIX. The course is designed specifically for students who will administer the Message Broker environment, including Message Broker developers who also work in an administrative capacity.
This course teaches students how to use common WebSphere Message Broker administrative interfaces, including the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit, WebSphere Message Broker Explorer, and the command-line interface. Topics include initial installation and subsequent maintenance tasks, environment configuration, and routine administration tasks such as backup and recovery of the environment. Interactive discussions cover topics such as product requirements planning, problem determination and resolution, performance monitoring and tuning, and techniques for extending the capabilities of WebSphere Message Broker. This course also covers the publish/subscribe model and provides students with a review of the Java Message Service (JMS) transport protocol and web services.
In the hands-on lab exercises, students learn how to perform essential configuration and administrative tasks for the WebSphere Message Broker environment, such as:
• Configuring the installed Message Broker environment by using the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit, WebSphere Message Broker Explorer, and command-line interfaces
• Creating and configuring a broker
• Ensuring the efficient operation of a broker
• Backing up and restoring the WebSphere Message Broker environment
• Configuring security parameters
• Using tracing and debugging tools for problem determination and resolution
The exercises also provide hands-on experience with the publish/subscribe message topology, administering WebSphere Message Broker web services and security, and extending the base functionality of WebSphere Message Broker by implementing user-defined extensions and SupportPacs.
• Install and configure a WebSphere Message Broker instance
• Establish, maintain, and manage a broker
• Perform basic administration tasks in the management of a broker
• Use the command-line interface and Message Broker Explorer for dedicated administration
• Use problem determination aids to diagnose and solve development and runtime errors
• Implement WebSphere Message Broker security
This course is for WebSphere Message Broker administrators, including WebSphere Message Broker developers who act in an administrative capacity in their environments.
Students should successfully complete:
• One of the IBM WebSphere MQ V7 System Administration courses (WM201), (VM201), (WM202), or (VM202), and have hands-on experience with the Windows XP operating system environment.
• Course introduction
• WebSphere Message Broker overview
• Product installation, configuration, and security planning
• Exercise: Broker setup and customization
• Using the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit
• Exercise: Using the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit
• Configuring and administering the broker
• Exercise: Administering the broker runtime components
• Implementing Message Broker security
• Exercise: Administering broker security
• Monitoring and problem determination
• Exercise: Using trace facilities
• Exercise: Identifying runtime problems
• Monitoring broker and message flow performance
• Publish/subscribe implementation overview
• Exercise: Accessing broker statistics
• Administering web services and JMS
• Exercise: Implementing web services and web services security
• Extending WebSphere Message Broker
• Exercise: Implementing a user-defined extension
• Course summary