IBM DB2 for i SQL Performance Monitoring and Tuning Workshop
Learn a methodology for tuning IBM DB2 for i Structured Query Language (SQL) data access and query processing for optimum performance.
Explore the methods behind the DB2 for i query optimizer and engine, as well as how they relate to database performance.
Discuss performance issues affecting the design of the database and the applications using DB2 for i, database performance parameters, and the various tools that assist in SQL monitoring, analysis and tuning.
• Understand the art and science of DB2 query optimization within IBM i and i5/OS
• Explain the methodology for tuning and monitoring DB2 for i SQL and query performance
• Discuss how to design high-performing SQL applications
• Recognize the database and system parameters that can impact performance
IBM i, and i5/OS database designers, performance analysts, and application developers who are concerned about SQL and query performance. The course is highly recommended for individuals interested in SQL and query performance of applications within i5/OS on the iSeries, System i and Power Servers.
You should have:
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
• Basic understanding of DB2 for i
• Basic understanding of IBM i or i5/OS and System i architecture and network management concepts
• Basic understanding of IBM i, or i5/OS work management
• DB2 for i Query Optimizer
• Indexing and statistics strategies
• SQL application design and programming issues
• Tools to use for monitoring and evaluating performance