IBM WebSphere MQ V7 Application Development (using Windows for labs)
This 3-day instructor-led intermediate course teaches technical professionals how to design and write business programs using WebSphere MQ.
In this course, students learn how to issue calls that utilize the WebSphere MQ API (MQI), and how to code and use calls to perform various functions, such as opening and closing queues and putting messages on or retrieving messages from a queue. Students also learn other important topics such as controlling message retrieval, writing programs that change queue attributes, handling MQI security, and managing message channels.
Hands-on lab exercises give students the opportunity to practice coding WebSphere MQ calls in either COBOL or C using WebSphere MQ V7.
This course can also help students prepare for certification as a WebSphere MQ solutions designer.
Students may elect to perform lab exercises under Windows, AIX, or z/OS by enrolling in one of the following equivalent course codes:
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7 Application Development (Windows Labs) (WM501)or(VM501)
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7 Application Development (AIX Labs) (WM502)or(VM502)
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7 Application Development (z/OS Labs) (WM503)or(VM503)
Students who would like to learn how to design and develop WebSphere MQ V7 publish/subscribe applications should take course WM510 or VM510, WebSphere MQ V7 Publish/Subscribe Implementation.
Train and Certify Promotion
Within six (6) months of completing this course or when the certification test expires, whichever comes first, you will be able to take the aligning certification test free of charge. The test is valued at $200 USD in developed countries and $100 in the emerging market countries. For complete promotion details, visit http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/news/20080116.shtml
For test retirement information, please refer to http://www.ibm.com/certify/certs/index.shtml From the Software column, select the desired brand/technology, and refer to the retirement information on top of the next Web page.
- Describe and use the MQI
- Design and write programs that use the MQI as implemented on Windows, AIX, or z/OS
- Explain the differences in program design necessitated by the messaging and queuing paradigm
- Describe MQI calls in detail
- Explain the differences in using the MQI across the different WebSphere MQ platforms
- Design and write programs that use the following advanced features of the MQI:
- Message groups and segmentation
- Distribution lists
This is an intermediate course designed for experienced business application programmers who need to develop applications that use the messaging and queuing techniques supported by the WebSphere MQ API (MQI).
- Complete Technical Introduction to WebSphere MQ (WM100) or (VM100)
- Have a basic understanding of the messaging and queuing model and how the model is implemented in WebSphere MQ
- Students should also have experience with designing business application programs and developing application programs in one of the procedural programming languages supported by WebSphere MQ.
- Exercise: Working with IBM WebSphere MQ objects
- Major calls - housekeeping
- Major call - MQPUT
- Exercise: Message creation: MQPUT
- Opening queues, message descriptor and message properties
- Major calls - MQGET and MQPUT1
- Exercise: Working with messages: TRANSFER
- Controlling message retrieval
- Exercise: Dynamic queue and managing messages: REQUEST
- Exercise: Message properties: SETPROP and GETPROP
- MQI security
- MQINQ and MQSET
- Exercise: Working with queue attributes: MQINQ and MQSET
- Transaction support and triggering
- Exercise: Units of work: RESPOND and triggering MQTMCGET
- Message groups and segmentation
- Asynchronous message consume
- Exercise: Asynchronous consume: MQCB and MQCTL
Kursspråk svenska. Kursen kan komma att hållas på engelska.