IBM System Storage DS8000/DS6000 Copy Services for Open Systems
This workshop covers the following topics:
- DS6000 and DS8000 management tools (GUI and CLI)
- Connectivity considerations
- Copy Services concepts and evolution
- PPRC technical overview: Metro Mirror (PPRC-Sync) and Global Copy (PPRC-XD)
- FlashCopy overview and implementation
- Copy Services management with DS Storage Manager (GUI) and DS CLI
- Consistency with PRRC and FlashCopy features: concept, commands, and implementation
- Failover and failback considerations with Metro Mirror PPRC relations
- Global Mirror overview and implementation
- Copy Services utilities
- Lab exercises (50% of class time) on all the Copy Services features (FlashCopy, Metro Mirror, Global Copy, and Global Mirror) with DS6000 or DS8000 storage subsystems, or both.
Windows and AIX servers will be used during all the lab sessions.
This course will be held in ENGLISH