Administering IBM Lotus Quickr 8.1 Services for Lotus Domino 8
As a network administrator, you have a good understanding of the network architecture, the capabilities of the different servers, and installation requirements for those servers. This course explores parts and features that make up IBM Lotus Quickr architecture.
A Lotus Quickr place provides the basic structure for the user's environment, manages access to the data, and organizes the information on the Lotus Quickr server so it can be accessed quickly. As the Lotus Quickr administrator, your job will focus heavily on the tasks required to create, rename, move, and delete places. This course will also help students examine role member responsibilities and hot to manage membership.
Lotus Quickr is a self-contained environment with all the capabilities needed for collaboration. However, the Lotus Quickr environment may be part of a mixed network where users want to take advantage of working with other applications. This course will also demonstrate how to integrate applications into the Lotus Quickr interface, saving users time and effort opening multiple applications and maximizing their reuse of existing information.
- Examine Lotus Quickr Services for Domino.
- Manage places.
- Manage place membership.
- Manage place types.
- Integrate other applications.
- Maintain Lotus Quickr servers.
This course is designed for experienced network and IBM Lotus Domino 8.0.1 system administrators, with or without prior IBM Lotus QuickPlace ex<perience, who must acquire a foundational knowledge and working experience with the Lotus Quickr Services for Domino administration tools and tasks. It also considers existing Lotus Domino administrators who need to understand the minor differences between previous the Lotus QuickPlace product and Lotus Quickr.
Students should have end-user skills with IBM Lotus Notes, IBM Lotus Sametime, and Lotus Quickr or Lotus QuickPlace. Students should also have network administration experience and Lotus Domino 8 administrative experience.
The following IBM courses or equivalent skills and knowledge are required:
- Building the IBM Lotus Domino 7 Infrastructure (N7D760)
- Managing IBM Lotus Domino 7 Servers and Users (N7D770)
The following IBM courses or seminars are recommended but not required:
- Using IBM Lotus Quickr 8.0 (QR100)
- Installing and Configuring IBM Lotus Sametime Instant Messaging (N7D765)
- Configuring IBM Lotus Domino Web Servers (N7D780) or (N7D785)
Lesson 1: IBM Lotus Quickr Services for IBM Lotus Domino
- Topic 1A: Defining IBM Lotus Quickr Services for IBM Lotus Domino
- Topic 1B: Examining IBM Lotus Quickr Architecture and Topology
- Topic 1C: Identifying the IBM Lotus QuickrPlace Hierarchy
- Topic 1D: Planning an IBM Lotus Quickr Installation
Lesson 2: Managing Places
- Topic 2A: Creating a Place
- Topic 2B: Registering and Unregistering Places
- Topic 2C: Locking and Unlocking Places
- Topic 2D: Renaming a Place
- Topic 2E: Moving a Place
- Topic 2F: Archiving a Place
- Topic 2G: Deleting a Place
- Topic 2H: Sharing Files Between Places
Lesson 3: Managing Place Membership
- Topic 3A: Adding or Removing Users
- Topic 3B: Changing a Member Role
- Topic 3C: Changing Member Names
- Topic 3D: Modifying Member Hierarchy
- Topic 3E: Changing a Password
- Topic 3F: Managing Expanded Membership
- Topic 3G: Communicating With Members
Lesson 4: Managing Place Types
- Topic 4A: Reordering Place Types
- Topic 4B: Hiding Place Types
- Topic 4C: Modifying Place Types
- Topic 4D: Deleting Place Types
- Topic 4E: Assigning a Policy to a Place
Lesson 5: Integrating Other Applications
- Topic 5A: Managing Connector Configuration
- Topic 5B: Enable or Disable a Connector
- Topic 5C: Enabling IBM Lotus Sametime
Lesson 6: Maintaining IBM Lotus Quickr Servers
- Topic 6A: Backing Up IBM Lotus Quickr Data
- Topic 6B: Generating Reports
- Topic 6C: Registering and Unregistering Servers
- Topic 6D: Updating Place Catalog Statistics
- Topic 6E: Troubleshooting Lotus Quickr Servers
- Topic 6F: Recovering from Place Catalog Server Down
Die Kurssprache ist deutsch.
Das Kursmaterial ist englisch.
Bei Fragen zu Kursbuchungen wenden Sie sich bitte an unsere Bildungs-Hotline:
Telefon: +49(0)0800/488724 Fax: +49(0)1805/426019 (gebührenpflichtig derzeit € 0,14 pro Minute aus dem deutschen Festnetz)
Falls Sie sonstige Fragen zu diesem Kurs haben, senden Sie bitte eine E-Mail an folgende Adresse: firstname.lastname@example.org